The agricultural sector has been recommended as the best sector for investment consideration in the Nigerian economy.
FBNQuestResearch in a tweet “Our 1st sector to invest in the Nigerian economy to Grow Your Money” Wednesday, indicated that since 2014, there has been steady growth in the agriculture sector, and that given the substantial growth rate, the sector is worth an intentional investment consideration.
The analysts at the research arm of FBN Holdings said the recent economic recession slowed growth in some industries, adding that the weak state of these industries provide cheaper market entry/expansion opportunity in anticipation of more favourable economic cycles, adding that as economic activities pick up pace, these sectors, including agriculture have strong potential for growth.
Specifically, the researchers indicated that the agricultural sector has since 2015 outperformed total GDP and accounted for 24 percent of total GDP in 2016.
- Our weak and insecure Nigeria
- Nigeria’s rising debt stock alarming at N32.92trn
- DLM Capital set to join Nigeria's Fintech space as it obtains MFB license
- FG reveals plans to begin auctioning of Nigeria’s bitumen blocks by the…
- N10bn Covid-19 Bailout To Nigeria's Transport Industry shrouded in controversy
To this end, they recommend fishery, livestock farming and crop production for the discerning investor