Agriculture seen number 1 sector for investment consideration in Nigeria
December 20, 20172.2K views0 comments
The agricultural sector has been recommended as the best sector for investment consideration in the Nigerian economy.
FBNQuestResearch in a tweet “Our 1st sector to invest in the Nigerian economy to Grow Your Money” Wednesday, indicated that since 2014, there has been steady growth in the agriculture sector, and that given the substantial growth rate, the sector is worth an intentional investment consideration.
The analysts at the research arm of FBN Holdings said the recent economic recession slowed growth in some industries, adding that the weak state of these industries provide cheaper market entry/expansion opportunity in anticipation of more favourable economic cycles, adding that as economic activities pick up pace, these sectors, including agriculture have strong potential for growth.
Investor sentiment outlook seen positive across W/Africa in 2018 amid political risks
Specifically, the researchers indicated that the agricultural sector has since 2015 outperformed total GDP and accounted for 24 percent of total GDP in 2016.
- Experts task Tinubu on urgent action to boost agriculture sector, tackle…
- Nigeria’s GDP slows to 2.31% in Q1’23 amid cash scarcity, says NBS
- Edtech solutions bridging access to education in Nigeria
- On ‘foolishness’, Dangote’s refinery and Nigeria’s economic revival
- Nigeria’s ramping up clean ocean strategy with action on MARPOL
To this end, they recommend fishery, livestock farming and crop production for the discerning investor