A Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt dismissed the FIRS application in suit number FHC/PH/CS/149/2020 in which the IFRS through a motion on notice applied for a ‘stay of execution’ on the earlier judgement of the court presided over by Stephen Dalyop Pam, that declared that it was the constitutionally role of state governments to collect VAT, and not FIRS.
- Elephants at war: The VAT collection imbrogliot
- CBN stay hawkish on BDCs, FX arbitrageurs as MPC keeps rates flat
- BREAKING! CBN MPC holds all rates on need to ease demand pressure
- Nigeria needs clear policy actions in ship breaking practice
- BREAKING! United Airlines to operate Washington D.C.-Lagos flights…
Frontpage November 4, 2020