The Nigeria stock market broke the stranglehold of the bears on Thursday and inched up marginally as the All-share index moved up to 27,424.92 from 27,412.36 on Wednesday.
Similarly, market capitalisation rose from N13.358 trillion on Wednesday to N13.365 trillion on Thursday.
At Thursday’s trading, a total of 31 stocks recorded price gains, while 50 others experienced price depreciation. 133 others remained unchanged.
Among the top gainers are NewGold, Cement Company of Northern Nigeria, Dangote Sugar and Dangote Flour. The losers were led by Guinness which dropped by 4.60 percent to close at N41.4; Forte Oil sheds 1.50 percent to close the day at N16 per share.
- Stock cherry-picking on Seplat, MTN, Zenith gives investors N30bn gain
- Chaka makes history as first Nigerian startup licenced for digital stock…
- Ecobank formally opens market on LSE after issuing $350m sustainability bond
- Nigeria: Opportunities in mass market amid tough macroeconomic climate
- Nigeria’s equities market to open for physical trading in August, after…
Others are Zenith Bank (-0.95%); GTB (0.80%, and Afri prudential (0.38%).