There was a fire incident on one of the floors of Unit Bank head office building early Monday morning, but the bank has assured that business has been unaffected.
The bank in a statement noted that the fire which started early hours of this morning has been brought under control by the fire service. The source of the fire remains unknown.
In the statement, the bank said: “We regret to inform the public that there was a fire incident on one of the floors of our head office building early this morning.
The cause of the fire incident is yet to be ascertained but the fire service has intervened and has brought the situation under control.
- OPIC fire: Nigeria should integrate insurance into emergency plan
- The importance of Business Impact Analysis
- Lotus Bank obtains non-interest banking licence from CBN
- World Bank recommends reforms to speed Nigeria’s inflation recovery
- World Bank, IMF set up group to drive recovery, growth in the face of COVID-19
While the extent of damage is being assessed, we are happy to note that there was no casualty or loss of life as a result of the incident. From current observations, however, the banking hall and other strategic business areas were not affected”.
Continuing the bank said: “We are grateful to all the Agencies and volunteers that supported in bringing the incident under control. Further developments regarding the incident will be communicated as it unfolds”.
Frontpage September 9, 2019