Market reports showed that this week’s decline in iron ore prices was fast-paced, with futures tumbling as much as 12 percent on increasing fears that Chinese steel output and consumption will drop over the rest of the year, partly as authorities limit output to curb pollution.
- Iron ore in biggest weekly fall on China’s lingering Covid restriction
- Copper slips to multi-month lows as economic slowdown hurts demand
- Sugar heads lower amid lowered output in Brazil
- WEF urges action for resilient energy transition, amid fuel price spikes
- Households consumption drives Nigeria’s GDP growth by 70%