Trial phase with banks, payment merchants,consumers
The bank, in a statement on Wednesday, said that the move is in sync with its objective of setting the pace with the e-Cedi as a pioneer of the central bank-backed digital currency across the continent. It also revealed that the partnership will serve as a precursor to the issuance of the digital form of national currency and also to facilitate the country’s agenda on cashlite around the country, as well as the payment systems.
- New Du Bois Museum Accra opens Ghana up to $5bn in tourism revenue
- Road to IPO: NNPC Ltd, successor firm to NOC, begins incorporation journey
- NSITF reviews training strategy, introduces digital learning for staff
- Africa’s old guards and the region’s future prospects
- A Wrong Turn for World Bank Concessional Lending
Frontpage November 22, 2018