The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Nigeria has mandated all capital market operators (CMOs), experts and professionals operating in the Nigerian capital market to comply with provisions of the ISA 2007 and the SEC Rules and Regulations, on required number of sponsored individuals and a compliance officer for each function performed by the operator in the capital market.
Consequently, all CMOs, experts and professionals without the required number of sponsored individuals and/or a compliance officer are required to regularise their registration status with the SEC on or before 20th of August 2017.
Failure to comply with the directive, according to a notice on the web site of the market regulator, would be a violate the provisions of the ISA 2007 and the SEC Rules & Regulations and render the CMO, expert or professional unable to operate in the market
- Nigerian capital importation hit $5,854.38m in Q1
- CBN, ABCON move to wreck currency speculators, restore normalcy to forex market
- Nigeria records 1.87% growth in Q1
- Nigeria’s Onyemihia shines at Pan African Re-insurance journalism awards
- Diversification should top economic policy agenda for Nigeria, Angola,…
Frontpage October 9, 2019
Frontpage August 14, 2019