It noted that notification for collection of produced Passports was already going out to applicants who provided a functional phone number in their application.
The agency further revealed that from June 1st, a new Passport processing regime will commence and it will feature some critical adjustments such as:
- Applications will be received via its website and applicants will apply, pay & upload all the required documents for Passports;
- Appointment/interview will be booked after a successful online application;
- No applicant who has not booked online appointment shall be attended to;
- That no cash payment to anyone shall be entertained in any Issuing Centre;
- That Passport application processing and issuance shall take a period of Six weeks after a successful enrollment;
- That requests for reissue can be submitted Six Months before expiration.
Frontpage September 24, 2019