Staco Insurance Plc. Tuesday announced the appointment of Messrs Jackson, Etti & Edu as the company’s secretary following the resignation of Taiwo Ogunbanjo, who had erstwhile occupied the same position.
The appointment which took effect immediately after the conclusion of a board of directors meeting held in Lagos on 30th of July 2018, comes on the heels of the dismissal of Sakiru Oyefeso, the chief executive office of the insurance firm.
In separate notices filed with the Nigerian Stock Exchange and obtained by business a.m., the new company secretary, Jackson, Etti and Edu noted that Oyefeso was fired on grounds of financial misappropriation, abuse of office and breach of corporate governance best practices, at same meeting held 30th July.
The board of directors was noted to have however recommended Bayo Fakorede as the new CEO of the company subject to the approval of the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM), the company’s primary regulating agency.
- Motor (Third Party) Insurance rate, not yet Uhuru!
- Why Comprehensive Motor Insurance makes perfect sense
- Insurance commissioner says NAICOM Academy to kick off in Q3, 2021
- We won’t relent in ensuring relevance of insurance brokers, says Onigbogi
- Standard Alliance Insurance demands N10bn from NIA for reputational damage