Union Bank Plc has dispelled rumours making the round that it was a subject of acquisition bid by Access Bank Plc.
An online site, agepne.com had alleged that Access Bank was desirous of acquiring Union Bank and that processes towards this end had begun.
However, Union Bank, in a notice it sent to the Nigeria Stock Exchange today and signed by Sonubi Shomuyiwa, its company secretary, said there was no trith in the allegation.
It urged members of the public to disregard the rumour
- Microsoft’s $19.7bn acquisition of Nuance will help it expand its…
- CBN receives court order to freeze 11 bank accounts in FCMB
- Investors lost N57.9bn from sustained sell-offs in MTN, Guinness, Zenith…
- Coronation Merchant Bank set to issue Series XV & XVI commercial papers…
- Former Barclays Bank GM, Tomisin Fashina emerges Ecobank Group…
Frontpage October 15, 2019