*Claims modest rise in commodity demand, prices as driver…
Downside risks to global growth include rising protectionism, high policy uncertainty, and the possibility of financial market disruptions. U.S. monetary policy has tightened gradually so far, but a faster pace would impact global financing conditions. Inflation has eased among EMDE commodity exporters, allowing room for cuts in policy interest rates. With deficits prevailing across EMDEs, and debt on a rising path, especially in commodity exporters, fiscal space remains constrained.
By Business a.m. live staff
- LCCI says Nigeria’s economy to close 2021 with 2.5% growth
- New Variants Show Why the World Urgently Needs Vaccine Equity
- Nigerian hoteliers should build for growth with standardisation, training
- LCFE, Heritage Bank to boost wheat output of 100,000 farmers
- UBA emerges Africa’s top bank, records most wins at 2021 African Banker awards