The World Bank said on Tuesday it will no longer finance upstream oil and gas projects after 2019, apart from certain gas projects in the poorest countries in exceptional circumstances.
The bank said in a statement, according to Reuters,”as a global multilateral development institution, the World Bank Group is continuing to transform its own operations in recognition of a rapidly changing world.”
“The World Bank Group will no longer finance upstream oil and gas, after 2019,” it added.
- Financing, fundraising opportunities for growth during pandemic
- Nigeria moving behind with planned oil search resumption in Sokoto Basin…
- CBN receives court order to freeze 11 bank accounts in FCMB
- Kenya and Ethiopia win big at 2021 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon
- Coronation Merchant Bank set to issue Series XV & XVI commercial papers…
Frontpage September 13, 2019