Zenith Bank Plc. has reported a 14.5 percent growth in earnings for the quarter ending March 31, 2018 with a gross earnings of N169.2 billion from N147.7 billion in the corresponding period of 2017.
The results released to the Nigerian Stock Exchange Thursday, April 19, 2018, indicates that the bank’s profit before tax improved 22 percent in the reporting period to N54 billion from N44 billion in 2017.
Marked improvements were also seen in all the reporting lines as profit after tax jumped 25.5 percent to N47.1 billion from N37 billion in 2017.
Net assets also increased to N35.24 billion from N687.86 billion in 2017, representing a 6.9% growth. The company paid about N6.9 billion in taxes up from 6.7 billion in the corresponding period of 2017.
- AIICO Insurance tops premium by 49%, but dips profit by 8%
- Bulls ruled on Thursday from buying interests in banking heavyweights as…
- CBN receives court order to freeze 11 bank accounts in FCMB
- Kenya and Ethiopia win big at 2021 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon
- Coronation Merchant Bank set to issue Series XV & XVI commercial papers…