Equities transaction on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Friday closed negative as the all-share index (ASI) fell by 0.70 percent to close at 39,257.53 basis points in contrast to 1.17 percent appreciation achieved previously.
Another key market indicator, market capitalization dipped by N1.2 billion to close at N13.6 trillion.
Similarly, the volume of traded shares depreciated by 49.99 percent as against 153.70 percent growth recorded in the previous session.
According to market statistics, the financial services sector was the most active in terms of volume of shares with Access Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc and American International Insurance Company (AIICO) topping the activity chart while Access Bank and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc topped the list of market value.
- GameStop Fallout: Why Regulation Could Hurt Index Investing
- Price appreciation in banking stocks pushed the local equities market…
- Investors earn N88bn as buying interest in MTN, Zenith, GTBank buoyed…
- Saipem secretly plots Nigerian local content exclusion on NLNG Train 7
- Poor electricity costs Nigerian businesses $29bn per year - World Bank
Also, price movement remained positive as Linkage Insurance Plc led 27 price gainers in contrast to 17 price losers topped by Dangote Flour Plc.
Business News September 2, 2020