An offshore engineering unit of oil major Sinopec Group has won a two-year contract to drill an offshore block in Nigeria, the state firm said on Thursday.
Shengli Petroleum Engineering will deploy its ‘Shengli-4’ rig to drill the block, located in shallow water off Nigeria’s Rivers State. The block has a designed daily output of 35,000 barrels of oil
The Chinese rig, which previously drilled for oil for Shell Nigeria, is slated to be moved to the new project in early 2018, Sinopec said
The contract is worth $50 million, according to a Chinese local media report last week.
- Nigeria’s rising debt stock alarming at N32.92trn
- DLM Capital set to join Nigeria's Fintech space as it obtains MFB license
- FG reveals plans to begin auctioning of Nigeria’s bitumen blocks by the…
- N10bn Covid-19 Bailout To Nigeria's Transport Industry shrouded in controversy
- Gam-Ikon, Banjo, Ibidapo, Ayodabo chart path to insurance growth in Nigeria