The FTSE 100 got off to a strong to yet another week set to be dominated by Brexit negotiations as Brexit secretary David Davis started the second round of talks with the EU’s Michel Barnier.
Brexit aside Carolyn McCall, the EasyJet boss, will join ITV as chief executive. McCall, who begins her new role in January 2018, had been the front runner to secure the broadcaster’s vacant top job after Adam Crozier stepped down at the end of June.
Meanwhile growth in China, the world’s second-largest economy, stayed at an annual rate of 6.9 per cent, outperforming expectations for the second quarter in a row.
- How a Nonprofit Is Helping Women Reach Economic Parity
- Investors, at IATF, see opportunity in Africa’s natural wealth through AfCFTA
- Sovereign Trust beats expectations with 31% premium growth to N4.3bn
- Oyo State assures security architecture in place for business growth
- Nigeria’s money supply hits N41.3bn in October as assets growth continues