Chairman, senate committee on petroleum downstream, Kabir Marafa, disclosed on Thursday that Nigeria spent over N11 trn as payment for outstanding subsidy claims in the last six years.
Also on Thursday, the Senate approved the payment of N129 bn as outstanding subsidy claims to 67 petroleum marketers.
The approval followed the adoption of the report of its Committee on Petroleum Downstream on the Promissory Note Programme and a Bond Issuance for Oil Marketers Outstanding Claims.
Meanwhile, the Senate has adjourned till June 6 for its valedictory session.
- Babatunde Savage retires from Guinness Nigeria board after 40 years of service
- Microsoft, FG announce partnership to empower 5 million Nigerians…
- Insecurity: Nigeria and its contiguous neighbours
- Nigeria, ravaging locusts and road to the forlorn (1)
- MTN Nigeria reports strong 17.2% rise in revenue amid regulatory bottlenecks