Kayode Fayemi, minister of mines and steel development, has announced the appointment of Abdul-Akaba Sumaila, as the acting sole administrator of the Ajaokuta Steel Complex, according to a statement by Olayinka Oyebode, Special Assistant on Media to the Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
Sumaila, a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers replaces Joseph Isah, who retired from the civil service in September, having attained the mandatory 35 years in service.
He was until his appointment, a senior advisor, Government Relations with Shell Petroleum Development Company.
He holds a Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, from the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Business School Netherlands.
- Nigerian govt. confirms paying N56.84bn survival fund to 835,161 MSMEs
- Nigeria fails to harness raw materials to ramp up steel production to…
- BUA taps Finland’s Wartsila to build 70MW power plant for Obu cement line
- EU threat hangs over Nigerian cocoa in 2022 on quality concerns
- Nigerian Police benefits from ASR Africa’s N4bn 150-bed hospital philanthropy
His appointment takes immediate effect.