Kayode Fayemi, minister of mines and steel development, has announced the appointment of Abdul-Akaba Sumaila, as the acting sole administrator of the Ajaokuta Steel Complex, according to a statement by Olayinka Oyebode, Special Assistant on Media to the Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
Sumaila, a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers replaces Joseph Isah, who retired from the civil service in September, having attained the mandatory 35 years in service.
He was until his appointment, a senior advisor, Government Relations with Shell Petroleum Development Company.
He holds a Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, from the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Business School Netherlands.
- Flour Mills appoints former Jumia Nigeria CEO to board
- Nigerian Cocoa: Troubled on different fronts
- Children’s consent in Nigerian data protection regulation
- Nigerian bourse dragged down by profit-taking in WAPCO, UBA, Zenith, as…
- Bulls afloat amid bargain hunting in major Nigerian stocks as investors…
His appointment takes immediate effect.
Frontpage September 9, 2019