Fintech Startups from Nigeria and Kenya have emerged among the fifty best emerging fintech companies in the world. This was contained in a report compiled by H2 Ventures and KPMG.
The Fintech 100 report offers an in-depth view of the most exciting tech-enabled financial services startups and organisations globally, with this year’s list featuring fintech companies from 29 countries.
The report is divided in two, featuring the top 50 established fintech companies from around the world, and the best emerging 50 fintech startups. All three African companies are in the emerging section.
They include two Nigerian startups, namely payments company Flutterwave and financial management app Riby. Kenyan insurtech startup GrassRoots Bima also makes the list.
- DLM Capital set to join Nigeria's Fintech space as it obtains MFB license
- Global Financing to End the Pandemic
- Nigerian, African banks face climate, environmental risk threats - Moody’s
- Does the emerging Nigerian Social capital market have bearing on…
- Pandemic induced pressures sliced Nigerian Breweries’ revenue by 4.3%…
Fintech is on the rise in Africa and many payments solutions companies like Paga, Paystack, ETranzact, Vogue Pay, Cash Envoy, 2 Checkout have sprung up in Nigeria with great promises of expansion. Many have received funding from global investors.
Frontpage August 23, 2019