Nigeria’s Senate has approved the appointment of two deputy central bank governors and three members of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Thursday, giving the rate-setting panel sufficient numbers to meet for the first time this year
The next MPC meeting is scheduled for April 3-4.
The Senate had held up some of President Muhammadu Buhari’s nominations in a dispute that had left the MPC unable to form a quorum of six. The next MPC meeting is scheduled for April 3-4.
Businessamlive reported last week that Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate president said Wednesday, March 14, that a report into the request by Nigeria’s president for the confirmation of new members of the central bank’s interest rate committee will be submitted to the upper house of parliament next week.
- Major Central Banks begin plans for the introduction of digital…
- CBN receives court order to freeze 11 bank accounts in FCMB
- Kenya and Ethiopia win big at 2021 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon
- Coronation Merchant Bank set to issue Series XV & XVI commercial papers…
- Former Barclays Bank GM, Tomisin Fashina emerges Ecobank Group…
Frontpage September 21, 2020