Ford Motor Co is recalling nearly 16,000 Ikon and Figo models in South Africa due to a potential fire risk, it said on Friday, Reuters reports.
The models were built between 2004 and 2012 in India, Ford said in a statement.
“A power steering fluid leak could result in fumes being emitted from the engine compartment,” it said.
“It may also be possible for power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust system components, creating the potential for smoke and, in extreme cases, fire.”
- Nigerian, African banks face climate, environmental risk threats - Moody’s
- CBN to enrol microfinance banks, developmental finance companies in its…
- Greenpeace Africa reacts to East Africa crude oil pipeline deal
- Pitfalls Africa must avoid over COVID-19 vaccines
- ASR Africa Initiative unveils Ubon Udoh as pioneer Managing Director
Earlier this year in South Africa Ford recalled 4,500 Kuga SUVs following dozens of reports of the vehicles catching fire.
Frontpage September 11, 2019