A new mobile solar electricity service, the Y’ello Box, has debut in Nigeria to power the lives and businesses of more than one hundred
The Y’ello Box is a solar electricity system officially launched earlier this year, which allows families and business owners to harness
the power of the sun cheaply and efficiently, in a way never seen before.
Designed and operated by Lumos Mobile Electricity Service the Y’ello Box provides electricity to customers 24 hours a day, which people pay
for using their MTN mobile phone.
In homes, clinics, schools and businesses across Nigeria, people can run fans, charge phones, watch TVs and light rooms with the Y’ello Box, an affordable, reliable, clean electricity.
- Volume of mobile transactions in Nigeria surged 82.6% y/y to 1.7bn in…
- MTN eyes IPO as it sets value of mobile-money arm at $5 billion
- Smartphone giant TECNO Mobile launches Spark 7P for Gen Z with exciting features
- Poor electricity costs Nigerian businesses $29bn per year - World Bank
- Protecting 5,000km pipeline network in Nigeria’s midstream oil subsector
According to a statement, the Y’ello Box has proved itself to be the most reliable and affordable service on the market, with customers
delighted at the switch from traditional fuel.
Yuri Tsitrinbaum, CEO of the Lumos Mobile Electricity Service said: “People don’t have access to the power they need. Fuel is very expensive and other services are unreliable. The Y’ello Box saves customers money all while providing better and more reliable electricity.
“As Nigeria modernizes, our demand for power increases. It’s time we did more to harness the power of the sun. That is why the Y’ello Box
is changing so many lives. It is affordable, it is reliable and paying by mobile phone makes it easy.”