Nigerian stocks maintained its bullish run Friday as market benchmark index appreciated by 0.78 percent to close at 37,425.15 basis points, against 0.62 percent appreciation recorded previously.
Friday’s uptick performance was largely influenced by value appreciation recorded in NIGERIAN BREWERIES (+3.25%), FO (+2.87%), DANGCEM (+2%), JBERGER (+1.79%), 7UP (+1.75%), thus capping year-to-date (YTD) gains at an all time high of 39.26 percent.
Similarly top on the laggard table were BETA GLASS (-3.01%), ZENITH BANK (-0.2%) and UBA (-01.09), while MORRISON and STANBIC dipped by (-0.05%) apiece.
Volume and value of stocks traded stood at 515 million and N6.3 billion respectively in 4,132 deals.
- Nigeria’s rising debt stock alarming at N32.92trn
- New SEC statement confirms equities trading on Trove, Chaka, Bamboo, as illegal
- Seven Nigerian states hit by bird flu, NCDC confirms
- Nigerian, African banks face climate, environmental risk threats - Moody’s
- Does the emerging Nigerian Social capital market have bearing on…
Market breadth closed positive, an improved performance from the preceding session, signaling a promising outlook for the week ahead.
The bourse has sustained gradual growth since the beginning of the week, as more companies release their Q2 and H1 results.