Nigerian equities Friday appreciated 1.53 percent to close benchmark index at 36,320.93 points as against 35,439.98 points closed last week. Thus Friday’s performance further lift the bourse’s index by 2.49 percent week-on-week
Market capitalization at the close of trading was N12.502 trillion, just as 367.07 million units were traded in 3,773 deals, while value of stocks traded came to N3.74 trillion
Top gainers include PRESCO (9.77%), NAHCO (9.65%), WAPCO (5.93%), FBNH (5.25%) and SEPLAT (5.0%).
Top losers were MRS (-4.92%), CUTIX (4.8%), CCNN (-3.59%), OANDO (-3.54%) and UNITYBANK (-3.51%)
- Seven Nigerian states hit by bird flu, NCDC confirms
- Nigerian, African banks face climate, environmental risk threats - Moody’s
- Does the emerging Nigerian Social capital market have bearing on…
- Pandemic induced pressures sliced Nigerian Breweries’ revenue by 4.3%…
- Stanbic IBTC maintains support for Nigerian youth; holds fourth edition…
On the other hand, NASD closed its trading day Friday lower compared to last week. Market capitalisation closed the week 0.55 percent lower at ₦403.84 billion against ₦406.08 billion previously. The NASD USI decreased by 0.55 percent this week, closing at 596.75 points, as against 600.06 points last Friday.
NASD OTC Securities Exchange currently trades equity and bonds. Of the 34 securities admitted to trade on the OTC Market, Central Securities Clearing System PLC led the market by volume and value.
Frontpage November 19, 2017