The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sequel to setting up of an industry committee to look into and articulate a road map for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency regulation has reiterated that it will not hinder the use of digital currencies in the country.
The regulator in a recent brief with industry experts stated that an agreement has been reached to formally adopt its use in Nigeria.
According to proshareng, the Fintech Association of Nigeria confirms this and it is expected that a regulatory framework for same will be made available soonest.
Technology disruptions will continue to drive engagements in the financial sector and this feat by the Central Bank will go a long way in enhancing Fintech initiatives in the industry.
- Nigeria's central bank leaves monetary policy parameters unchanged in…
- Expert underlines poor access to credit, technology for Nigeria’s low…
- Access Bank’s N30bn 7-year bond gets “A+” rating from Agusto & Co.
- Ending violent conflicts in Nigeria
- IMF keeps Nigeria’s GDP growth forecast at 2.5% in 2021, 2.6% in 2022
Frontpage February 18, 2019
Frontpage September 5, 2019
Frontpage November 13, 2019