The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) will be introducing changes to its equities market microstructure in a bid to improve trade execution and enhance market efficiency.
The information announced to the dealing member community Tuesday pegged the launch date for this new market structure as July 2, 2018.
“The enhancements to the market structure supports our hybrid market model which offers the benefits of best execution and tighter spreads to investors, as well as provides potential for cheaper cost of capital to issuers in our market,’ the statement read.
Explaining further, the changes to the market structure are said to be part of efforts to continuously ensure a marketplace that creates a level playing field for all market participants and facilitates investors, as well as provide ability to deploy broader trading strategies, enjoy best execution, and benefit from enhanced market depth.
- Domestic equities: Banking, industrial indices drag NGX down as stocks…
- Vaccine Passports: Why the Market Should Decide
- Seplat kicks off capital market day in Lagos, London with name change
- Meet Damilola Awosusi: The size 4 petite EYDNE woman spurred by a…
- Health insurance market: Leadway’s disruptive plan to drive health penetration
Frontpage September 5, 2017