South Africa’s mining industry is in “crisis” and its companies have lost confidence in the mining minister, whose sowing of policy uncertainty has led to a freeze on new investment, the chief executive of its Chamber of Mines said Friday, according to Reuters.
In a speech to a mining conference in Australia, Roger Baxter painted a bleak picture of the industry, saying two thirds of South Africa’s platinum sector had been loss-making this year.
- UCCIMA, SECCIMA, NEPC ask South-East SMEs to access N50bn export development
- Pitfalls Africa must avoid over COVID-19 vaccines
- Economic diversification, innovation zones and opportunity to catalyse…
- ASR Africa Initiative unveils Ubon Udoh as pioneer Managing Director
- OCP Africa partners Research Institutes to boost local wheat production