Samba Seye is the new managing director of Total Nigeria Plc following the approval of his appointment by the board of the oil company.
In a statement signed by Bunmi Popoola-Mordi, the company’s secretary, Seye whose appointment takes effect from September 1, 2021, is replacing Imrane Barry, the outgoing managing director who has been reassigned to TotalEnergies SE headquarters in Paris, France.
Prior to his new appointment, Seye served as a member of TotalEnergies SE Ethics Committee since 2019.
Described by the board as a thorough-bred professional with experience across several countries, Seye holds a doctorate degree in engineering from the University of Sciences and Techniques of Lille, France, where he worked as an assistant lecturer from 1990 until 1993 when he joined Shell working in various capacities before joining Total Marketing and Services in 2014 as a project manager in the strategy department.
- Managing risk response and mitigation in information security
- Union Bank names Abubakar, former women’s minister, independent director
- Red Star Express appoints Aletor, Ndu directors, as turnover reaches…
- CBN says N477bn disbursed to MSMEs across Nigeria in QE-style interventions
- Nigeria needs clear policy actions in ship breaking practice
In 2015, he was appointed deputy executive vice president, West Africa, a position he held until his appointment as vice president specialties/general trade, Total MS /Africa, in 2016. Thereafter, he was appointed executive vice president, West Africa, Total MS Africa, in 2017.
Frontpage August 22, 2019